The wines of Château des Bachelards are regularly acclaimed by international critics:
- The wines of the 2014 vintage, the first vintage vinified and matured by Alexandra de Vazeilles, have been awarded by the Decanter World Wide Awards (DWWA).
- 18/20. They were also recognised by the Guide Vert des Meilleurs Vins de France de la RVF with a score of 18/20, awarded by Olivier Poussier, Best Sommelier of the World. The estate made it into the Guide from the first vintage, which is very rare for a new estate. The following year, in 2015, we received our first star from the Guide and the highest rating in the appellation for our Fleurie. This places Château des Bachelards among the top 200 estates in France.
- For Falstaff, the leading German-language wine magazine, the wines get the highest score of all the 450 Beaujolais wines with a score of 94/100.
- 1/425. Bill Nanson, the famous British critic, ranked our wines at the top of his list of 425 wines of the region for both vintages.
- Vinous, the great American wine magazine, also gave us a score of 94/100 for the 2014 and 2015 vintages. Château des Bachelards thus obtains the highest scores for all of its Beaujolais wines and even the highest for its Fleurie, for both the 2014 and 2015 vintages. Josh Raynolds says: "Based on the powerful yet graceful and balanced 2015s and equally fine but unfinished 2016s that Mme. de Vazeilles showed me, I'd place this estate among the top Beaujolais producers today.
- Blind Tasting, which represents the new generation of tasters and sommeliers, places the Fleurie du Château des Bachelards among the world's greatest wines with 95/100.
By breaking through the glass ceiling with these notes, we are taking the lead in the renaissance of great wines that the region was able to make for a thousand years and until the late 1970s.